- Will the Democratic Republic of Congo be Egypt’s newest ally in dam disputes?
- Potential solutions to Egypt-Ethiopia dam dispute remain murky
- Egypt’s parliamentary ‘circus’ will not be going live
- Despite risk of $62 fine for not voting, less than 20% of Egyptians bothered to show up at polls
- Egyptians prepare for elections … but do they really matter?
Monthly Archives: November 2015
Voters’ indifference and lack of participation marred the first round of parliamentary elections conducted in 14 governorates. Yet, electoral observers expected such an outcome in these Egyptian elections, due to the lack of an effective popular base eager to hold … Continue reading
Egypt’s 2015 parliamentary makeup is taking shape as elections officially get underway to form a long-awaited Council of Representatives. This achievement, seen as the electoral culmination of a road map announced July 3, 2013, is taking place in the absence of most of … Continue reading