- Will the Democratic Republic of Congo be Egypt’s newest ally in dam disputes?
- Potential solutions to Egypt-Ethiopia dam dispute remain murky
- Egypt’s parliamentary ‘circus’ will not be going live
- Despite risk of $62 fine for not voting, less than 20% of Egyptians bothered to show up at polls
- Egyptians prepare for elections … but do they really matter?
Monthly Archives: January 2016
KHARTOUM, Sudan — Participants kicked up plenty of dust at the most recent round of negotiations concerning the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, but once again departed with only an agreement to keep trying to reach an agreement. The negotiations among … Continue reading
CAIRO — Egypt’s newly elected parliament kicked off the year by banning live news broadcasts of its sessions. Parliament Speaker Ali Abdel-Al said the temporary decision came following “specific circumstances.” During the first parliament session Jan. 10, some members of … Continue reading